|Outer material||100% polyester|
|Theme||Gothic, Rock wear|
- short in the front, long in the back
- front length: approx. 78 cm
- back length: approx. 105 cm
- lace inserts
Dress with long back made of soft fabric. With lacing on the sides for an accentuated waist. Length in the front: approx. 78 cm, length in the back: approx. 127 cm.
Our model Ann-Kathrin is 167 cm tall and is wearing size S.
Customer rating about "Tonic Dress"
- Write a review using your own EMP account.
- Please be as objective and reasonable as possible. Please don't use abusive language.
- Never state URLs, addresses, email addresses, telephone numbers or similar (personal) data!
- You accept that the review will be released in your own name on the EMP website.
- The review you send should contain at least 75 words.
- You'll have to be registered with a valid e-mail address in order for you to receive the 10% voucher as fast as possible.
- You'll receive one 10 % voucher per day max. This means that you will not receive multiple vouchers if you submit more than one review within a day.
- If everything goes as planned, you'll be receiving your 10% voucher within 24 hours via e-mail.
Reviews not meeting the guidelines above will not be published!
Not as expected
Unfortunately the front of this dress was a lot shorter than expected and therefore made a huge difference in lengths between the front and the back. It is more of a hip length sitting top at the front with the material actually finishing approximately where the side ties lie which made the dress look like top at the front with a really long back. I did not like this as I wanted it to wear as a dress which I can not do. The material quality and all other aspects are nice, it is just not for me with the length difference being more extreme than is made out in the pictures.
Beautiful, but not a dress
The actual garment was lovely, and I found the fit on the upper body a good one (I'm normally size 12 and got a medium). The material is light and floaty, giving a flattering silhouette, especially with the longer back - it was nice to not have to keep checking the length at the back, as you have to do with some skirts. Also I didn't find the weight of the back detail to be a problem.
The only problem was I could in no way wear this as a dress on its own. The skirt was a good few inches shorter at both the back and front than depicted in the picture, which was a real shame as the garment looked so great as a dress. Sadly there is no way this could be decently worn as a dress.
On the plus side, it pairs very nicely with other clothes. For a more dressed-up look, it looks gorgeous with a net skirt underneath, or more casually with leggings (in particular I recommend either the Heartless or Gothicana Rock leggings off this website).
All in all it's an excellent piece of clothing both in quality and fit, you just have to get a bit creative about layering.
Perfect for dancing in!
I love this dress! Pleasantly surprised to have found a dress that's long at the back that doesn't morph around the butt cheeks; instead it looks elegant and flows nicely around the legs. You can tighten the strings at the top too. My only criticism is the weight of the open-back part, as it tends to fold over itself on my back so I had to pin it to my bra (though that could just be me having a small framed upper half..) I bought an xs for a uk size 6.