After their live album "Killadelphia" Lamb Of God released "Sacrament" in 2006. The Groove Metal guys scored a strike with an eighth place in the billboard charts. "Pathetic" even managed to become part of Conan O'Brien's Late Night Show.
Tracklist - Sacrament
- 1.Walk with Me In Hell (Album Version)
- 2.Again We Rise (Album Version)
- 3.Redneck (Album Version)
- 4.Pathetic (Album Version)
- 5.Foot to the Throat (Album Version)
- 6.Descending (Album Version)
- 7.Blacken The Cursed Sun (Album Version)
- 8.Forgotten (Lost Angels) (Album Version)
- 9.Requiem (Album Version)
- 10.More Time to Kill (Album Version)
- 11.Beating On Deaths Door (Album Version)
EMP Editorial Team (20.09.2006)
The second major album of the quintet from Richmond, Virginia (their fourth) - and again you get the full power. Produced by the legendary Machine (Clutch, King Crimson, Everytime I Die), the long-haired Americans serve a murder sound of sharp staccato riffs, rumbling, and yet precise drums and the angry grunt vocals that remains incomprehensible. But a look into the booklet is conjuring: Lamb Of God really have something to say. The eleven songs are against the modern U.S.A. that they call a stinking moloch; a quagmire of avarice, corruption, lies and abuse of power. And John Campbell & Co. like to go into details. Short: "Sacrament" is as angry, hateful and brutal as only a Lamb Of God-album can be. The perfect support for Slayer's "Unholy alliance"-tour in November.