Terms & Conditions
We are committed to protecting and respecting the privacy of all visitors and users of EMP.co.uk (the “Website”).
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is EMP Mail Order UK Ltd., c/o Francis Clark LLP, North Quay House, Sutton Harbour, Plymouth, PL4 0RA .
What personal information do we collect?
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you enter via our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering an account on our Website, subscribing to any service which we provide, searching our Website, placing an order on our Website, participating in discussion boards or other social media functions on our Website, creating wish lists on our Website, or requesting further services. We may also collect and process information when you enter a competition or promotion, and when you report a problem with our Website. The information you give us may include without limitation your name, postal address, email address, password, telephone number, financial and credit card information, age, occupation, personal description, photograph, product interests and style interests.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- If you contact us (by phone, email, or otherwise), we may keep a record of our correspondence with you.
- Information you provide when you enter a survey (we may ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them).
- Technical information may be collected automatically, including without limitation the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer or device to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
- Details of your visits to our Website may be collected automatically, including without limitation full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our Website (including date and time), products and pages you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, lengths of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page (including information about how you use social media plug-ins), traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data.
- We are also working closely with third parties (including for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies and fraud prevention service providers) and may receive information about you from them.
Information collected from children
We are strongly committed to preserving online privacy for all of our Website visitors, including children. The Website is a general audience site, and we do not knowingly collect information about children or sell products to children. We will not knowingly collect any information from children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, you are not permitted to use or submit information to the Website.
Storage & Security of your Personal Information
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted via our Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We use a trusted third party payment processing service to process your payment to us and we do not store your credit/debit card information. You can elect to save your credit or debit card details once your order on our Website has been processed, to make any future orders easier. However, for your security you will need to enter your card’s 3-digit security code for every subsequent transaction where you elect to use the saved credit/debit card. If you elect to store your credit or debit card details after an order on the Website, your credit/debit card details will be stored with our trusted third party payment processor.
We use secure socket layer software (SSL) to encrypt personal information that you provide via your registered account on our Website (including your payment details). This technology prevents you from inadvertently revealing personal information using an unsecure connection. Our Website is certified with an SSL certificate, which verifies that our Website is secure.
We keep your information confidential and store user personal data on a secure server which is password protected and hidden behind a firewall.
Uses Made of Your Personal Information
We may use information held about you to:
- carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- set up, manage and contact you about your account and orders;
- update and manage our customer and marketing databases;
- ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or device;
- provide you with information about other products and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about other products or services (including products and services that are co-branded or that we are otherwise engaged with promoting) that we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- personalise emails that we send to you, including using your name to address emails to you and using your gender to provide gender-specific content;
- allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so (including creating links to our website in your social media channels);
- carry out market research and analysis;
- notify you about changes to our service;
- administer and improve our Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- confirm your age and identity, and to identify and prevent fraud;
Uses of Analytics and Targeting Advertising Tools
In order to better serve our Website visitors and customers we may use Google Analytics features such as Remarketing, Google Display Network Impression Reporting, the DoubleClick Campaign Manager integration and/or Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting (Google Display Advertising Features).
You can opt-out of the Google Display Advertising Features and customise Google Display Network ads using the Ad Settings.
As an added privacy measure, you can use the Google Analytics opt-out browser add on.
Regarding Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting, we may use data from Google's Interest-based advertising and/or third party audience data (such as age, gender and interests) with Google Analytics to target and improve our marketing campaigns, marketing strategies and our Website content.
Marketing & Communications
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose your personal information:
- where you have consented for us to do so. For example, if you have consented to receive marketing materials from third parties, or in respect of third parties’ (including co-branded or jointly promoted) products and services, we may pass your information on to the relevant third parties;
- to business partners, suppliers, sub-contractors and other third parties as necessary for the performance of any contract we enter with you or any service you have requested (for example, we engage third parties to deliver packages, to host our Website and to process card payments, and your payment information will be provided to financial institutions (including banks and card schemes) in order to process your transactions);
- to business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors as necessary for the performance of any contract we enter with them (for example, we engage third parties to send emails and postal mail on our behalf, to provide data cleansing services and to provide marketing and advertising services);
- to analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Website;
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if EMP Mail Order UK Ltd. or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party in which case personal information held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- to protect our customers and Website from fraud and theft. We may pass on personal information that is required to make identity checks and personal information that we obtain from making identity checks (including information relating to your age, name and location), together with account information to organisations including law enforcement agencies, involved in fraud prevention and detection and credit risk reduction. Please note that these third parties may retain a record of the information that we provide to them for this purpose;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation; or,
Your Right Opting Out
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. If you do not wish to receive marketing information from us you have the option of ‘opting out’ at any time. Clear instructions on how to opt out of each area will be detailed specifically (for instance, at the bottom of our e-newsletter you will have the option to unsubscribe by clicking a link). Alternatively, you can let us know in writing at email@example.com or via your registered account on our website if you wish to exercise the right to opt-out.
Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates, or to social media platforms. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.
Access to Information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you, and you may ask us to make any necessary changes to ensure that it is accurate and kept up to date. If you wish to do this, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.
All content © by EMP Mail order UK Ltd. 1998-2017
None other than the EMP Mail order UK Ltd. and its affiliates shall be eligible to reproduce, use, disclose and distribute the materials contained in this website. The use or misuse of these materials except as expressly authorised is prohibited. EMP Mail order UK Ltd. and its affiliates enforce their intellectual property rights to the fullest extent of the law.