Competitions at EMP
WIN AN OVERNIGHT STAY & TICKETS TO A SPECIAL SCREENING OF SCARY STORIES TO TELL IN THE DARK
Closing date: 15.08.2019
WIN A LUXURY OVERNIGHT STAY AND TICKETS TO AN EXCLUSIVE SPECIAL SCREENING OF SCARY STORIES TO TELL IN THE DARK
Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark is in cinemas August 23rd and we are giving you a chance to win a luxury overnight stay and tickets to an exclusive special screening! This will take place on the 20th August at Bankside Vaults on the Southbank.
It’s 1968 America and change is blowing in the wind...but seemingly far removed from the unrest in the cities is the small town of Mill Valley where for generations, the shadow of the Bellows family has loomed large. It is in their mansion on the edge of town that Sarah, a young girl with horrible secrets, turned her tortured life into a series of scary stories, written in a book that has transcended time—stories that have a way of becoming all too real for a group of teenagers who discover Sarah’s terrifying tome.
Prize Package for 2 People Includes:
• Travel allowance of £150
• 1-night luxury hotel accommodation (4* min) in London for the 20th August
• Return private transfers between the hotel and CINEMA TBC LEICESTER SQUARE on the night of the screening
To enter, answer the question on this page!
© 2019 CBS FILMS INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
EMP Terms and conditions:
• The promoter is: EMP Mail Order UK Ltd (company no. 6323645) whose registered office is at 9 Devonshire Square, London, EC2M 4YF.
• The competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 years or over except employees of EMP Mail Order UK Ltd and their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation or judging of the competition.
• There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
• By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
• Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are via https://www.emp.co.uk/competitions
• The competition is open to online entrants only.
• Only one entry will be accepted per person. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified.
• Closing date for entry will be Thursday 15th August 2019 12pm. After this date no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
• No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
• EMP Mail Order UK Ltd reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
•EMP Mail Order UK Ltd is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
• The prize is as follows: Travel allowance of £150, 1-night luxury hotel accommodation (4* min) in London for (late August – date to be confirmed early next week), Return private transfers between the hotel and CINEMA TBC LEICESTER SQUARE on the night of the screening
The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
• The winner will be chosen at random by software.
• The winner will be notified by email and/or DM on Twitter/Facebook and/or telephone within 24 hours of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize by Friday 16th August 2019 12pm, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
• EMP Mail Order UK Ltd will notify the winner when the prize can be collected / is delivered.
• EMP Mail Order UK Ltd’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
• The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by [English] law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of [England].
• The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current [UK] data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
• Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
•Entrants must be over 18.
Entertainment One and EMO Terms and Conditions
• 2 tickets for one prize winner to the gala screening of Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark on August 20th. Cinema venue will be at a central London location. Exact timings and screening venue to be confirmed later. The screening date is subject to change and the exact time and other details related to the event will be disclosed to the winner upon acceptance of the prize.
• This competition is open to all residents of the UK (aged 18 or over) except for employees, and agencies of Entertainment One and EMO.
• To enter the competition you must answer the question on this page correctly.
• Competition is open from 09:00 9/8/2019.
• Closing date for entries is 12pm on 15th August.
• All entries to the competition to win 2 tickets to a preview screening of Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark submitted after 12pm 15th August 2019 will be disqualified.
• Late, incomplete or incorrect entries will not be accepted. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, corrupted or misdirected entries, network failure or delay. Proof of transmission will not be accepted as proof of receipt. Entries must not be sent through agencies or third parties.
• The winners will be randomly selected and notified via email and/or DM on Twitter/Facebook and/or telephone within 24 hours of the closing date. If the chosen winner does not reply to the email within 24 hours, we will assume the prize has been forfeited and another winner will be drawn. No discussion will be entered with any person who tries to claim the prize outside of the parameters set above.
• Certification restrictions apply. The film has a 15 Certificate.
• If the winner cannot attend the multimedia screening of Scary Stories to Tell In The Dark, they will not be provided with compensation or alternative prizing.
• The winner is strictly prohibited from exchanging or transferring any part of the prize with a third party and there is no cash alternative.
• If the screening is cancelled for unforeseen circumstances, the winner may be invited to attend an alternative film screening or a private screening for winners at the discretion of Entertainment One UK.
• By entering this prize draw, winners agree to their names being published on digital and social media communications for promotional purposes.
• The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable to any prize winner for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person's negligence) in connection with this promotion or accepting or using the prize.
• NO RECORDING: This screening will be monitored for unauthorised recording. By attending, you agree not to bring any recording device into the cinema, and you consent to physical search of your belongings and person for recording device. Unauthorised recording will be reported to law enforcement and may subject you to criminal and civil liability.
• By entering this prize draw, entrants will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by the conditions.
• Travel allowance to be paid to the winner only by cheque or bank transfer;
• A valid credit or debit card will be required for security deposit purposes when checking into the hotel;
• Hotel selected by the prize provider at their sole discretion; Prizes are non-transferable and non-refundable;
• No cash alternative is available;
• Prize is subject to availability;
• The prize takes place on set dates and no other dates are available; All elements of the prize must be taken at the same time;
• Once booked, the prize cannot be altered or amended; At least one traveller must be aged 18 or over;
• Where any travellers are aged under 18, they must have prior parental or guardian permission;
• The prize excludes domestic ground transfers;
• The prize excludes meals and drinks, excursions, attractions, treatments, car hire, visas and personal expenses and anything not expressly included in the prize.
• The Promoter’s decision is final and legally binding and no correspondence
- Emma T., Kent